Intertek, a leading provider of ATIC (Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification) Services, is looking for a Lead Based Paint Inspector to join our Building and Construction team in Pittsburgh, PA.
Ranked #14 on the 2018 ENR list of Top 500 Design Firms, and with more than a hundred offices across North America, the building and construction team provides the architectural, engineering and construction (A/E/C) industry with a full suite of capabilities both in the lab and on site. From testing, inspection and certification services to building sciences solutions, the company delivers Total Quality Assurance to the built environment.
The Lead Based Paint Inspector will support the Building and Construction business by overseeing environmental projects. It is recommended that the professional individual be EPA trained and currently licensed as a Lead-Based Paint Inspector/Risk Assessor.
- Perform lead-based paint (LBP) inspections and risk assessments of single-family and multi-family residential structures.
- Perform lead clearance inspections
- Report generation
- Organizing and maintaining various projects
- Interaction with corporate personnel and clients
Preference will be given to individuals with the following qualifications:
- Pennsylvania Lead-Based Paint Inspector/Risk Assessor license
- 2+ years of experience in performing lead inspections and risk assessments
- Strong knowledge of HUD LBP Guidelines
- Experience and formal training in the use of an XRF analyzer
- Experience in performing asbestos building inspections and air monitoring a plus, but not required
- Experience with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Previously held or currently possess a Lead-Based Paint Inspector/Risk Assessor license
- Basic knowledge of HUD LBP Guidelines
- Proof of Clean Driving Record
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world’s most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Primary Location: US-PA-Pittsburgh
Work Locations: Pittsburgh Poplar Street 850 Poplar Street Pittsburgh 15220
Organization: USA47:Professional Service Industries Inc
Employee Status: Individual Contributor
Job Level: First Shift
Location/Region: Pittsburgh, PA