Intertek, a leading provider of ATIC (Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification) Services, is looking for Environmental Technician Interns to join our Building and Construction team in Pittsburgh, PA.
Ranked #14 on the 2018 ENR list of Top 500 Design Firms, and with more than a hundred offices across North America, the building and construction team provides the architectural, engineering and construction (A/E/C) industry with a full suite of capabilities both in the lab and on site. From testing, inspection and certification services to building sciences solutions, the company delivers Total Quality Assurance to the built environment.
The Environmental Technician will support the Building and Construction business by performing general environmental tasks in the field. Applicants must be willing to work off hours, weekends, and possible overtime hours in order to meet the aggressive schedules of the projects.
- Organizing and maintaining various projects
- Interaction with corporate personnel and clients
- Assisting and performing environmental inspections (lead-based paint, asbestos, hazardous materials) of various building types
- Performing background research and investigations (Phase I Environmental Site Assessments) for property transactions
- Air monitoring and environmental sampling
- Performing equipment calibration
- Preparing samples
- Report generation
More specific job duties for remediation projects include:
- Verifying that remediation work area containment barriers are properly constructed and maintained
- Confirming compliance with worker protection requirements and specifications
- Performing work area and perimeter air monitoring during remediation
- Ensuring proper decontamination and conduct final clearance inspection of the remediation containments
- Performing final clearance air sampling
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Proof of Clean Driving Record
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world’s most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status or on the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Primary Location: US-PA-Pittsburgh
Work Locations: Pittsburgh Poplar Street 850 Poplar Street Pittsburgh 15220
Organization: USA47:Professional Service Industries Inc
Employee Status: Individual Contributor
Job Level: First Shift
Location/Region: Pittsburgh, PA