Manages production staff to attain production and quality goals. Identifies problems or bottlenecks in production processes and resolves issues. Ensures production resources including materials, equipment and human resources are available as needed to maintain production schedules. Supports continuous improvement goals in safety, quality, cost and customer service. Leads team members to identify, manage, and execute the plants process improvement opportunities. Responsible for managing and owning various functions of the business and creating an engaged and team oriented work force in order to improve business results.
Job is located in Youngwood, PA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Include but are not limited to the following:
· Reviews production orders to ascertain needs, quantities, and specifications of products and scheduled delivery dates in order to plan department operations.
· Plans production operations, establishing priorities and sequences for manufacturing products within various departments, and as the various departments interrelate to other manufacturing departments to achieve on-time and under budget delivery.
· Prepares operational schedules and coordinates manufacturing activities to ensure production and quality of products meets specifications. Studies production schedules and estimates worker hour requirements for completion of job assignments. Interprets specifications, blueprints, and job orders to workers and assigns duties.
· Reviews production and operating reports and resolves operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and to prevent operational delays.
· Prepare reports, presentations, etc. to effectively communicate issues to workers and management.
· Develops or revises standard operational and working practices and observes workers to ensure compliance with standards. Establishes and/or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedule.
· Interprets company policies including safety, quality system, etc. to workers, enforces their implementation and takes necessary actions to assure their implementation.
· Resolves worker grievances or submits unsettled grievances to upper management for further action.
· Solve problems using problem solving methods, experience, etc. to assure the flow of production
· Achieve production and plant priorities and goals. Lead efforts to assure these activities occur in a timely manner.
· Assist department manager in hiring and discharging of positions under area of responsibility. Recommend and provide job training or seminars for self and/or subordinates. Provide feedback to manufacturing manager on employee performance. Provide counsel and/or corrective action where necessary to improve performance.
· Provide recommendations concerning production or procedure modifications.
· Strive to maintain high level of cooperation among all employees by providing leadership and a positive attitude/working environment.
· Other duties and/or responsibilities as assigned, including assisting other workers in other departments when necessary.
SCOPE, PURPOSE AND FREQUENCY OF CONTACTS:
· Frequent contact with manufacturing personnel, engineering personnel, purchasing personnel, quality personnel and administrative personnel.
· Occasional contact with customer service personnel, sales/marketing personnel, and vendors.
DIRECTION OF OTHERS:
Supervises hourly production employees. Leads and participates in cross-functional teams as required in developing production schedules and material needs, improving quality, cost savings, and all other information necessary for a smooth operation.
· Must accomplish details of assigned tasks with minimum supervision.
· Receives general instructions on work which may require interpretation and application of judgment based on past experience.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
Associate degree in technical field and/or Engineering field required;
BS Degree in a technical discipline (i.e. Engineering, Science, etc.) preferred.
Minimum 3-5 years of directly related experience supervising hourly teams in a production and/or manufacturing environment.
Proven ability to lead teams while instilling a continuous improvement mindset.
Requires competency in building effective teams, conflict management, drive for results, learning on the fly, and employee motivation.
Ability to work any shift
Computer literacy is required.
Working in cross-functional productivity improvement teams a plus.
Excellent communication (both verbal and written) required.
Lean / 6sigma knowledge a plus.
Managing a Unionized workforce a plus.
Powerex is a leading supplier of discrete devices, modules and integrated high power semiconductor solutions. Its broad product line includes IGBTs (Insulated Gate Bipolar Transistors), HVIGBTs, IPMs (Intelligent Power Modules), rectifiers, thyristors, custom power modules and assemblies.