Metals USA is seeking a 2nd shift Brake Press Operator for our Ambridge PA location. Metals USA is a leading metals processor/distributor in North America, providing a wide range of carbon steel products and services. Metals USA is a solid, growth oriented company servicing the defense, commercial construction, and road construction and fabrication industries.
The Brake Press Operator must have a full understanding of steel fabrication and safety. This individual must have a solid understanding of the construction and structural steel industry. This individual will be responsible for producing parts and tools from metal using a press brake, a computer numeric controlled (CNC) piece of equipment that makes precision bends, punches, or cuts into the metal plate.
· Reviews blueprints and drawings of the finished product
· Makes the appropriate adjustments to the brake press to control speed, material feed and path of the cut/bend
· Must be able to work from material orders accurately as to exact quantity and size
· Ensures that the brake press is properly set-up, working well and producing quality product
· Ensures that the brake press is working at full capacity, is stocked with needed metal plate
· Completes a quality inspection of the finished product to ensure defect-free
· May mark identification on material/work pieces before processing
· Must be self-motivated and willing to produce high-quality, value-added product.
· May perform other related duties as assigned
· Basic mathematical skills
· Basic reading and writing comprehension in English (to read work order instructions, safety and policy manuals)
· High School Graduate or Equivalent
· Ability to read a tape measure
· Knowledge of standard machine operating procedures
· Prior metals experience preferred
· Minimum 2 years’ experience as a Brake Press machine operator
· Forklift and overhead crane experience a plus
· Must be able to stand for long periods of time
· May perform other duties as assigned
If interested, please send resume directly to SSinon@metalsusa.com .
Metals USA offers competitive salary and benefits program.