Lead Content Coordinator
When you re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Fast-paced. Adaptive to change. Highly organized. Ability to communicate and multi-task. Continuous Process Improvement. Metrics-driven with a focus on speed and quality.
If the (above) lines up with your natural work style, this position has a lot to offer. The Lead Content Coordinator role offers a fantastic opportunity to interface with a wide variety of internal Thermo Fisher Scientific business stakeholders looking to sell products through our digital properties. In addition, this role involves quite a bit of external supplier interaction across our vast franchised portfolio. Each week offers an opportunity to continually grow current relationships and expand new relationships.
The primary focus of the work revolves around the expansion of our global portfolio with specific responsibilities for our North America-based suppliers. NPI (New Product Introduction) is how we onboard new products into the existing portfolio driving www.fishersci.com (both United States & Canada). Standard processes and best practices are continuing to evolve with a goal of automating for speed/efficiency purposes. At the same time, there is a heavy focus around quality assurance; how can we speed up the onboarding process and drive quality for the ever increasing expectations of our customers? That is a question this job plays a key role in answering.
- Time management - the ability to organize ongoing tasks and prioritize urgent needs (at times multiple urgent needs)
- Communication - the ability to acknowledge a multitude of demands, drive good upfront process, and transparently update business stakeholders from task beginning to task end. In addition, communicating with other Content Operations team members in a collaborative way
- Intensity - the work is fast-paced, the day-to-day is constantly shifting; it's a very 'keep you on your toes' type role; if you're looking for a predictable, repeatable day-to-day, this role is not for you. The role requires a high degree of intensity as the expectations of our business stakeholders is high and the pace by which we aim to produce is always moving faster
- Ability to 'manage up' and report out to senior level leadership. This is a metrics-driven role; measuring the average time it takes us to partner with key stakeholders vested in the product onboarding process to produce 'Best In Class' product content
- Supervisory responsibilities - ability to delegate day-to-day tasks and projects across a small team of 3 full-time contractors
- Ability to collaborate with other lead coordinators; sharing best practices and being a good teammate
- The organization and prioritization of North America NPI (New Product Introduction) requests
- The delegation and at times in the weeds work required to execute tasks surrounding NPI/general product onboarding requirements
- Process improvement a continual retrospective view of the current workflow and understanding how to leverage PPI (Practical Process Improvement) mechanisms with a goal to refine the day-to-day churn, enabling smooth execution on behalf of our customers
- Supervisory responsibilities this role requires an ability to manage people moreover, leadership abilities how can you distribute work through clear directives? More importantly, how can you develop people?
- Reporting out the measurable ways in which the SKU/product onboarding process is improving over time
- Minimum 5+ years of experience (in any field where the (above) responsibilities have been required)
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, English, Technical Writing, Communications, Marketing, or any major area of Life Science
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in a digital field; ideally eCommerce-related function; website experience
- Master s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, English, Technical Writing, Communications, Marketing, or any major area of Life Science
- Management experience (of people)
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 50,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Location/Region: Pittsburgh, PA (US - 15202)